Call Now - Free Consultation 516-368-2484
Philip A. Kusnetz P.C.
Free Consultation. Flexible Scheduling.


Even with a court order of custody, you will likely require the court's permission to move with your child.

Parents who seek relocation are often confronted with unemployment, a stagnant job market, or a local cost of living that is just too high. Other times, there are better economic or educational opportunities elsewhere, or you may need to live with family members in a different part of the country.

On the other hand, you may be the non-custodial parent who is opposed to the other parent's proposed move, which would adversely impact your parental rights and visitation.

The court will consider a variety of factors in considering an application for relocation, including the "best interests of the child."

I am a Garden City attorney who has effectively litigated many relocation cases on behalf of my clients.

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy